2 The UUSDA shall cause to deliver sustainable development in the urban areas of Uttarakhand.
- Shall form the Investment Program Management Unit(hereinafter referred to as "IPMU" )to execute,coordinate and monitor implementation of the Uttarakhand Urban Sector Development Investment Program (hereinafter referred as the "UUSDIP" ) in the Urban areas of Uttarakhand whose Executing Agency is Department of Urban Development,Government of Uttarakhand ,and
- Shall undertake such other urban development in the urban areas of Uttarakhand through.
- Improvement in the supply of water both of quality and quantity by adopting various means such as net work improvement ,reduction in leakages and wastages , system re-habilitation, reduction illegel connection in the addition to source augmentation and distribution net work expansion.
- Developing wastewater management system through expansion of sewer network and treatment of sewage by appropriate technology(on site/off site)aiming at improving the environmental sanitation of the urban areas.
- Improving and developing storm water drainage system for reducing flooding and soil erosion.
- Improving solid waste management by segregation of waste at source,collection and transportation system including provision of appropriate vehicle and equipment, construction of compost plant and construction of sanitary Iandfill sites in accordance with the Government of India's Municipal Solid Waste Management Rules 2000.
- Improving traffic management so as to reduce journey time and improvement of safely of the users including pedestrians , cyclists and others through road widening to increase carring capacity of roads ,strengthening to enable to withstand increased vechile axle load ,provision for vehicle parking and creation of bus and truct terminals and improving traffic management system including street lighting.
- Improving conditions of the through providing linkage to the main water supply and sewerage system of the towns,effective solid waste management system,approach roads,drainage, street lighting ,community development activities,housing facilities along with re-settlement and re-habilitation of slum dwellers.
- Improving the congestion of the redevelopment and renewal of the areas, and preserving the heritage structures and places of historical interest and facilitating improvement in tourism potential.
3. The UUSDA shall also provide support to State Agencies, ULBs and other utilities such as Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan and Uttarakhand Peya Jal Nigam in their financial reforms including double entry accounting system ,assets management , operation and maintenance of services which they are responsible for.
4. The UUSDA shall also advice and implement Government of Uttarakhand's reform agenda for improving the service delivery performance, accountabillity and financial sustainability of ULBs and other public utilities such as Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan and Uttarakhand Peya Jal Nigam by advising on institutional restructuring tariffs ,improvement in collection efficiency,devolvement of fresh system for levy of property tax and cost recovery targets on various services provided by these utilities.
5. The UUSDA shall assist the Government of Uttarakhand and its utilities for implementation and promotion of private sector participation in urban infrastructure.
6. The UUSDA shall function as a resource organization for bringing about sectoral reforms in the Urban Development Sector