The aims and objects for which the society is established are as under:
1. The UUSDA shall act as an independent and autonomous body and
3. The UUSDA shall also provide support to State Agencies, ULBs and other utilities such as Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan and Uttarakhand Peya Jal Nigam in their financial reforms including double entry accounting system ,assets management , operation and maintenance of services which they are responsible for.
4. The UUSDA shall also advice and implement Government of Uttarakhand's reform agenda for improving the service delivery performance, accountabillity and financial sustainability of ULBs and other public utilities such as Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan and Uttarakhand Peya Jal Nigam by advising on institutional restructuring tariffs ,improvement in collection efficiency,devolvement of fresh system for levy of property tax and cost recovery targets on various services provided by these utilities.
5. The UUSDA shall assist the Government of Uttarakhand and its utilities for implementation and promotion of private sector participation in urban infrastructure.
6. The UUSDA shall function as a resource organization for bringing about sectoral reforms in the Urban Development Sector
To achieve the above objectives the UUSDA shall carry out the following functions to:-
i) develop, implement, coordinate and monitor all activities that may be necessary for implementation of the “UUSDIP” and in particular achievement of the objectives.
ii) coordinate and setting up of laboratories, procurement of plant and machinery and other equipment which are necessary and expedient in the implementation of the “UUSDIP”
iii) appoint consultant, professionals, contractors, suppliers and other personnel/ entities for management, design, supply, construction, operations and maintenance of:
Water supply system,
Waste water management system,
Storm water drainage
Solid Waste Management System,
Urban Roads development and traffic management,
Slum improvement and poverty alleviation,
Redevelopment and renewal of the areas, and preserving the heritage structures and places of historical interest.
appoint consultants, professionals and other personnel for training.
iv) enter into contracts and to appoint and monitor constractors, suppliers, and other personnel associated with the “UUSDIP” for survey, investigation, studies, design, supply, construction, installation, supervision of works, and other incidental activities associated with the “UUSDIP”.
v) provide training and assistance and secure active involvement and participation of NGOs committed to the program objectives.
vi) organize conference, symposia, workshops, events on matters related to the implementation of the program.
vii) make, amend and rescind rules and regulations for the conduct of the affairs of UUSDA, which shall not be contrary to the rules framed by the Government of Uttarakhand.
viii) make rules to employ, depute, dismiss, and suspend personnel associated with UUSDA.
ix) make remuneration structures for the personnel employed or associated otherwise with the UUSDA.
x) accept, make, enclose or otherwise execute cheques, drafts, receipts, bills of exchange or other instruments and securities as are required for the conduct of the UUSDA’s business.
xi) undertake any legal actions that may be necessary to ensure the fulfilment of contacts made between UUSDA and others;
xii) make payments to consultants, contractors, suppliers, professionals, and other personnel associated with the “UUSDIP” without the requirement for government approval, other than that by government representatives on Executive Committee, as in the Framework Financing Agreement for project components funded by ADB.
xiii) accept or provide any grant of money, loan, securities or property of any kind and to undertake and accept the management of any endowment trust, fund for donation not inconsistent with the objectives of the UUSDA; The un-spent funds received by UUSDA from the State Government shall not lapse and shall be carried forward by UUSDA in its own account without surrendering to Department of Urban Development. All funds provided by ADB shall be used only in respect of disbursements directly relating to UUSDIP.
xiv) incur expenditure after drawing up an annual budget, sub-budgets, and specific item budget for the “UUSDIP” with due regard for economy and propriety and conduct its day to day business subject to its rules and regulations without seeking prior approval of Government of Uttarakhand.
xv) draw, prepare and get audited the annual report and accounts of the UUSDA;
xvi) purchase, hire, lease any movable or immovable property and construct, alter and inaintain any properties as may be necessary for carrying out the objectives of the UUSDA.
xvii) take all such, action and to enter all such actions as may appear necessary or incidental for the achievement of the objectives of the UUSDA.
xviii) take all such, action and to enter all such actions as may appear necessary or incidental for the achievement of the objectives of the UUSDA.